Hodge Podge

Today's post is a bit of a hodge podge of things as my posts have been few and far between thanks to first the laptop then the laptop charger being broken. Not using the internet at home for a while has been enough to break my bad habit of spending ages online doing very little and forgetting the time. So even though the laptop's been up and running for a few days I've not used it until now. Mr CB feels the same so hopefully we can change things from now on, for the better.


So, nice things that I've done recently; I've found a stall in the market that sells cheap bunches of fresh flowers and have enjoyed having a big bunch of flowers in the living room now that Autumn's setting in and things are getting grey.


Me and Mr CB ran our twice yearly charity cake stall for Hope Pastures horse, pony and donkey sanctuary the weekend before last and raised £65. I came home laden with lovely bits and pieces, like a cashmere sweater for 50p, a vintage plate (perfect for tea time biscuits) for £1.50 and the old jug in the top picture for £1. I also got a jar of renowned Hope Pastures preserve. One of the volunteers there makes lots of great marmalade and jams, and this apple and ginger jam is to die for.


I've got into making bread once or twice a week so that it's been a while since we've bought a loaf of bread. I'm enjoying bringing a bread roll and home made soup to work most days, it's comforting in the middle of a stressful day.

I've been busy at home and have finally cleaned up the cellar, which I've been meaning to do for about 6 months. Here it is before...


...and after...

I chucked out masses of rubbish and a couple if bags of things for a charity shop, rearranged things a bit and the result is a more useful, usable space. The house feels very homely and comfortable right now, although the boiler is broken but should be getting fixed tomorrow. On the plus side this has led to me putting the portable halogen heater on, which has resulted in this:
A very happy kitty


Comments