Brambly Hedge

When I was a little person I was fascinated by the drawings in a Brambly Hedge book I had. It was about a community of mice who lived in hollowed out trees and burrows and the drawings were so detailed and perfect that I still love them. This is the picture I examined most often, a cut away of one of the tree houses:


This week I stumbled across this model via Pinterest and it bought back my delight in all the details:


There are more photo's of it here, including how it was made (and there's a link to a miniature Hobbit hole made by the same person). 

Twenty-four years have passed since I fell in love with this little house in Brambly Hedge but I still wish I could live there!

Comments

  1. Every time I see one of these types of drawings, I always want to move in !!
    It could be into Owl's house in Winnie the Pooh or into Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle's home !!
    But to make one & be able to choose what to furnish it with !?!
    That is a lot of talent for one person... I must go check out their Hobbit house too !!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!!! I KNOW that picture - I used to love it too (and still do)!!! That model is just amazing - thank you for sharing! :-)
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swooned a little when I saw it, and I still want to live there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment