Sow's ear = silk purse

I've just been on the SuperCook website for the first time and want to tell you about it because it's my new Favorite Thing.  I'm trying to cut down on food waste and save money on groceries but I'm a bugger for having lots of food in the house then buying something else because I can't think of what to do with what I've got.  You start by entering the ingredient that you want to use then the site searches for all recipes with that ingredient.  At the top of the screen another list of ingredients appears and you tick off all the ones you've got.  It then picks out all the recipes that you already have all the ingredients for and lists links to the site where the recipe is published.

Tonight I found a speedy recipe for garlic shrimp, it was delicious and I wouldn't have thought of making it yet I already had everything I needed.  I've found a recipe for Chinese pork chops for tomorrow's dinner so I can use up some pork steaks that have been languishing in the freezer.

Do check it out as it will be very helpful if you're a "but it was on special offer!" stockpiler or buy stuff in supermarket bargain bins then can't think what to do with it (ie. me).

Comments

Post a Comment