I love my freezer

I've been off work all week feeling crappy with a nasty infection and taking so many antibiotics, painkillers and other assorted pills that it's a wonder I don't rattle when I walk.  It's been a painful week (when you actually want to blurt out "Wah, I want my mummy!") but has had the unexpected side effect of money saving.  Usually we do a big online shop once a month and for the rest of the month if we need anything I get it in my lunch break as I work in town; fresh meat from the market and other stuff from a near by supermarket.  This week though the furthest I've been is the doctors and back, and Mr CB has a temporary job at the moment, doesn't finish until 5.15pm and by the time he's walked home it's 6pm, so no chance of shopping there either.

So this week we've been living off freezer supplies and dry goods and it's been fine.  I'm glad I had so much squirreled away in the freezer, it's saved a lot of hassle so I've been able to rest.  I've also found things in there that I didn't even know we had, so there has been a good deal of surprise food on our plate this week.

Here's to the stockpile; I knew it would come in handy (eventually!)

Comments

  1. I agree with you and always keep a good supply in especially over the winter months. I may have overdone it a bit this year though I have not done a big shop since December and still have enough meat and fish in the freezer for March, I will do a dry goods shop tomorrow but not a big one. I feel like a Doomsday Prepper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-(
    Poor you! I do hope that you're feeling better now, and will be able to enjoy the weekend.
    Hugs,
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You poor thing! Hope you are much better soon. We are having a 'using up the freezer' week this week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment