Chocolate Pudding Face Mask


I'm trying to move away from shop bought cosmetics because of all the chemicals in them, so I've been having fun mixing up kitchen ingredients for my face, body and hair instead.  My newest discovery is this Chocolate Pudding Face Mask.  The cocoa powder contains antioxidents for cell repair and evening out skin tone, the coffee reduces puffiness and contains another dose of antioxidents, and the yoghurt is soothing and nourishing.  Here's the recipe:

Makes enough for two masks worth

1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tbsp coffee grounds
Enough natural yoghurt to mix everything into a paste (around 1 to 2 tbsp)

Mix everything together thoroughly and apply all over your face, avoiding the skin under your eyes (it's some of the most delicate skin on your body).  Leave it to dry out for 10 - 15 minutes whilst you do something gentle just for you; it's a good time to meditate, sit quietly with a hot drink or read an uplifting book. 

When it's ready splash on some warm water and massage it on to loosen it and gently scrub your face with the coffee grounds that are in the mask, then wash it all off.  Use toner afterwards to make sure it's all gone then massage in your usual moisturiser or a little bit of olive oil.

By the way, it smells Beautiful when it's on your face!

Comments

  1. Are you sure the smell isn't too tortuous? It sounds divine and given my current state of non partaking (I'm still on the WW albeit maintaining!)I'm not sure I wouldnt be able to resist a lick or two.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment