Mug cosies and an apron

At long last here are photos of what I've been making lately, beginning with mug cosies; lots of mug cosies!







The top three are on sale in my Etsy shop (Crafty Blueberry Shop) and the bottom two were for a work colleague.  They were such fun to make because it was an opportunity to play with colour combinations I've never tried before.  I'm planning on using the colours from the top two to crochet blankets when I've finished the rainbow one I'm working on at the moment.

I've also been stitching on my new sewing machine (which I adore and which is such a great little machine that it deserves a post of it's own).  I found some cotton fabric that was begging to be made into a jaunty apron.  It's neck strap and ties are made of thick satin ribbon, because why not add a touch of sexy satin to an apron?  Hey, pinny's could be the new pin up wear.


I'm still working on sewing straight lines but had great fun making this.  I can't remember where I got the pattern from as I've had it for awhile, but it was a free one I found by searching for free apron patterns on Google.  Other than that I've been sewing a quilt top which I'll try to get some photos off this week, and I'm replacing part of the lining of a coat for Mr Crafty Blueberry.  This is a scary undertaking but I'll be chuffed to bits if I succeed.

Comments